Our Sensory Beginnings Master Course allows a more flexible approach to your learning. It covers the same 11 modules presented on the live training course and includes presentations, PDF of hand-outs, PDF additional resources, links to podcasts, articles and books with additional surprise bonus content.
The cost of the Sensory Beginnings Master Online Training course is £420 + VAT.
You will have access to all recorded webinars for 6 months, to allow you to consolidate your learning at your own pace. You are also free to download all handouts and resources for lifetime access, which are made available to you during the online course. See below for more information about the course.
We are able to offer a 3 month instalment plan for this course if you would prefer to pay in this way with equal payments of £140 + VAT/month.
Please note that our course price will now remain the same until October 2022.
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Distinguish the key timeframes of sensory system development from conception to infancy.
- Describe the impact of sensation on brain development from conception to two years.
- Identify theory, models of practice, assessment tools and current research which is relevant to sensory processing and sensory environments.
- Identify infant behavioural cues and demonstrate their applicability to the assessment of sensory regulation and the provision of appropriate sensory environments to promote infant development.
- Analyse how sensory development and sensory environments facilitate the performance of infant and childhood occupations.
WHAT IS COVERED
- Module 1: Introduction to creating nurturing sensory environments for babies
- Module 2: Know your neurobiology
- Module 3: Our sensory systems structures and functions
- Module 4: Stress
- Module 5: Nurturing sensory environments: The womb space
- Module 6: The neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Module 7: Nurturing sensory environments: The mother infant space
- Module 8: Mother and infant space activities and expectations
- Module 9: Nurturing sensory environments: The father infant space
- Module 10: Father infant space activities and expectations
- Module 11: Nurturing sensory environments: Therapeutic use of self
HOW IT IS TAUGHT
- Our online training allows a more flexible approach to your learning
- It covers the 11 modules listed above with 27 powerpoint video presentations, PDF of hand-outs, PDF additional resources, links to websites, articles and books
- A total of 36 hours online learning
- Flexible online learning at your own pace
- Additional PDF resources to support your learning
- Downloadable PDF of PowerPoint presentations
- Downloadable PDF of workbook to facilitate your learning
- Links to relevant websites and books to support your learning
- Comprehensive reference list
- Comprehensive resource list
- Training provided by internationally renowned occupational therapists Lindsay Hardy and Emily Hills
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- You will learn how sensory processing impacts on baby development
- You will make connections between sensory systems, neurobiology and infant development
- You will use this knowledge to relate sensory development to regulation, relationships, communication, postural skills, exploration, praxis, play, sleep and eating
- You will develop the skills to create nurturing sensory environments that support infant and parent interactions.
- You will leave the course with the skills to analyse behaviours through a sensory lens
- You will walk away with a documented framework and clinical reasoning tool to share your knowledge and guide your practice.
- We are confident you will love learning with us
Some of the feedback we received from users who have taken our online training course.
This was a fantastic course. Emily and Lindsay thought of everything from the materials in the post to the extensive and thorough course materials. It was brilliant!
I absolutely loved the compassion and humility throughout the course and the deep respect for not only the babies, but the parents (and staff). It beautifully held the babies at the centre of a bigger picture and one based in real life.
I actually liked that it was online, so that I could pause, rewind, replay as much as I needed to get the notes down. The resources sheets and references are hugely helpful, as is the workbook.
I would absolutely recommend this course to EVERY nurse on our unit and actually within the children's hospital too. It was full of so many interesting insights and advice alongside knowledge and evidence.
Get In Touch
If you would like any further information about our online training course, please contact us via the form below.