Sensory Beginnings Ltd is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Provider #04210. This Distance Learning course is 36 contact hours, 3.6 CEUs (Intermediate – foundational knowledge) AOTA does not endorse specific course content products or clinical procedures
American Occupational Therapy Association
AOTA is pleased to confirm recognition of Sensory Beginnings Limited as an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development (PD). Please view the application’s review for any feedback that may have been provided. Your organization must incorporate any feedback provided when assigning AOTA CEUs to a PD activity.
Your organization has demonstrated the ability to comply with required systems, policies, procedures, and educational practices appropriate for occupational therapy practitioners in a manner that meets AOTA Approved Provider Program Criteria and Guidelines. Your decision to become an Approved Provider is a demonstration of your commitment to meet the professional development needs of occupational therapy practitioners by offering quality professional development programming that is meaningful and relevant to the profession.
Your AOTA Provider number is 0000000630 and you are approved for the next seven years. AOTA authorizes Sensory Beginnings Limited to promote themselves as an AOTA Approved Provider and to submit individual PD activities for review so that AOTA CEUs may be assigned to the activities. At this time, you may include the APP logo in general promotional materials, but not in connection with individual PD activities until the activities have been submitted and receive AOTA APP approval.
As reflected in your original application, you can submit applications for PD activities in the following format(s):
As an AOTA Approved Provider, you agree to:
- Operate within the terms of the Applicant Agreement (submitted with initial application) and Application and comply with all applicable provisions of the AOTA Approved Provider Program.
- Continue to meet the requirements upon which the initial Approved Provider status was based and abide by any additions or revisions to the requirements as notified by AOTA.
- Refrain from offering AOTA CEUs for any activities that were offered prior to becoming an AOTA Approved Provider.
- Use the AOTA Approved Provider logo/imprimatur only in connection with those PD activities which have received Step 2 Approval, or for general promotional materials.
- Refrain from using the APP logo or indicate AOTA approval in any way on certificates or awards that indicate achievement of a type of certification or recognition. The logo is only to be used in conjunction with certificates of completion for professional development activities. If you issue a separate certificate for completion of a certification or recognition program, do not use the APP logo or indicate AOTA approval on that.
- Include the following statement in promotional and course materials where the Provider is identified as an AOTA Approved Provider and/or where the number of AOTA CEUs is listed:
For courses that do not lead to certification: “The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.”
For courses that lead to a type of certification or recognition: “The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition.”
- AOTA Approved Provider’s communicate Approved Provider status only using the exact Mark’s terms, words, or phrases approved by AOTA without AOTA’s prior written permission.
- Provider agrees not to communicate this Approved Provider status in any manner other than using the exact Mark’s terms, words, or phrases approved by AOTA without AOTA’s prior written permission. Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the Approved Provider logo and terms, words, or phrases approved by AOTA may only be used in advertising and marketing materials for courses after PD activity approval and awarded AOTA CEUs by the applicant.
- The Applicant may not use or publicize AOTA’s Approved Provider status or use the AOTA Marks in any other way in any advertising and/or marketing activity. Applicant shall not engage in any practice that could suggest or imply AOTA Approved Provider status of other professional development activities or products.
- Applicant agrees that nothing in this Agreement shall give Applicant any right, title, or interest in the Marks other than the right to use the Marks in accordance with this Agreement. Refrain from maligning the title of AOTA, the Marks, or the validity of this Agreement.
It is permissible to use the following terms in marketing (or similar intent):
- AOTA approved CE; AOTA approved continuing education
- CE approved by AOTA
- AOTA CEUs (this should be used to designate credit awarded rather than as search term)
- AOTA Approved Provider CE; AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education
It is not permissible to use the following terms in marketing (or similar intent):
- AOTA CE; AOTA continuing education
As identified in the initial application, Emily Hills will be the primary AOTA contact and responsible person for all communications related to the Provider’s approved status. A change in responsible personnel will require advance notification to AOTA.
AOTA reserves the right to monitor compliance with these requirements and to investigate complaints of possible violations therein. Methods of investigation may include in-depth documentation and records review, and/or on-site audit during an actual course offering.
AOTA reserves the right to withdraw Approved Provider status if Sensory Beginnings Limited :
- Provides false information on its original application or subsequent documentation or communication.
- Fails to conduct PD activities that award AOTA CEUs in compliance with AOTA requirements, including the Criteria and Guidelines and Agreements.
- Misrepresents AOTA’s intent in approving the Provider or AOTA’s affiliation with any PD activity offered by the Provider.
- Has not maintained high quality professional development programming for occupational therapy practitioners.
Congratulations again. We look forward to a longstanding relationship with you!
Hope Caracci, OTR/L, OTD
APP, Program Manager